Sherry Parrish, Ann Dominick, Steve Leinwand con Number Talks: Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages: A Multimedia Professional Learning Resource
1. A five- to fifteen-minute classroom conversation around purposefully crafted problems that are solved mentally.
2. The best part of a teacher’s day.
This dynamic multimedia resource was created in response to the requests of teachers—those who want to implement number talks but are unsure of how to begin and those with experience who want more guidance in crafting purposeful problems. It supports teachers in understanding:
• what a classroom number talk is;
• how to follow students’ thinking and pose the right questions to build understanding;
• how to prepare for and design purposeful number talks; and
• how to develop fractional reasoning and strategies for operating with fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Number Talks supports the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
The online video clips provide a visual platform for teachers to reflect on their current practices and target essential understandings from their readings. The video clips feature number talks filmed in actual classrooms grades 3–6. Clips range from one to ten minutes in length with a total viewing time of approximately two hours. The resource includes reference tables to help you quickly and easily locate the video clips by chapter and grade level.
More than 150 pages of user-friendly, reproducible area, set, and linear models from Chapters 4, 6, 7, and 8 are available. To learn more, visit mathsolutions.com/numbertalksfdp_repr....